Symantec Support Urgent help needed...

Hi All,

just had a new Hard rive arrive this morning and have started to load all progs onto it. installing BOTH Norton Internet Security AND Systemworks and lo, I have reached the max number of activations.

I am given a telphone number to call to reach a Customer Service advisor but as soon as I dial the number the line is cut off.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to reach Symantec without emailing them? I am told that they anticipate responding to me within two business days but that due to demand this may be longer. Considering that BOTH products are now disabled this leaves my PC fairly vunerable to say the least and a disgrace that Symantec leaves a customer in the lurch like this without warning.

Any help....?

Even tried the telephone helpline in the states which is at least polite enough to tell me the offices are closed.

Question -

If internet security is as much of an issue that Symantec tells us it is and when a customer buys THREE of its products (Systemworks Pro 2004, AV 2004 Pro (so as to install on 2xlaptops) and also Internet Security for firewall) and then pulls the plug without the slightest hint (the product activated at first and then after windows update cancelled itself) stops working then surely Symantec are telling us that internet security is only an issue during the week and that Virri only operate at that time!

hugh-265156 16:40 10 Jan 04

really not sure sorry.

click here and click here

Thanks for that I have downloaded it and run the programe but it still says that "max Count reached" which i take it means that I will still have to wait till Moday.

Time to sharpen my quill in the event i should get a virus in the meantime and lose data that i have paid to have protection for!

hugh-265156 17:13 10 Jan 04

in the meantime download avg free antivirus and zonealarm or outpost firewall both free too and very good.

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…