Symantec problem

Gordal 12:42 29 Mar 08

A friend seeks my help. He has an 18 month old Mesh running XP and Norton System Works. It's recently been back to Mesh, was ok for a while, but now Norton is playing up.

It says that a scan for viruses is needed, but will not scan and says my friend has not agreed to the End User Licence Agreement ! I'm afraid I can't understand this and cannot see any way to get the EULA on the screen to (presumably) click "I accept" or whatever.

Inserting the Norton CD gives three options, two are irrelevant to thisproblem, the third is to uninstall Norton - however this warns my friend that he risks losing the 277 days 'cover' for which he has paid. I might take the chance and uninstall, then re-install, but I'm sure many of you have been here - hesitant because it's not your PC !

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

MAJ 12:45 29 Mar 08

Personally I wouldn't use Norton, it's bloatware, but if your friend has paid for updates for that length of time, ask him first if he minds you uninstalling it.

Gordal 12:56 29 Mar 08

Thanks MAJ. My friend is clearly uneasy and doesn't want to lose that which he paid for, so I am hoping for suggestions as to how I might resolve the issue. (I do agree with your remarks about Norton.)

sunny staines 13:48 29 Mar 08

goto the free live norton chat before going any further, also note the key number before any deleting.

Gordal 15:41 29 Mar 08

I

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…