symantec or trend

standing bull 11:16 04 Jan 05

hi folks,my symantec subscription is now due for renewal,i wondered if anyone has views on the new norton internet security 2005 as against the trend package,comments appreciated

Gongoozler 11:20 04 Jan 05

When my Norton AV subscription became due I was so disappointed to see that the cost was about the same as the complete boxed package that I decided to uninstall it and try the free Avast click here. In my opinion it is just as good as Norton and doesn't hog the computer resources nearly as much.

JayDay 11:30 04 Jan 05

I agree with Gongoozler, I switched to Avast last month and very happy. You can also try AVG click here which is free as well. Personally I found Avast better as I had problems configuring the email scanner in AVG. and the updates in Avast are more automatic than in AVG.

Give them both a try and see what works for you.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:52 04 Jan 05

There is no point whatsoever for a home user to pay for an AV. AVG or Avast both as good as one another.

G

standing bull 17:13 04 Jan 05

thanks to all for replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…