Symantec Norton AntiVirus / Internet Security 2002

00edgarj 22:34 03 Feb 03

I bought the Norton Internet Security 2002 package including Norton AV in April 2002. Since I installed WinXP Pro in December I have not been able to update - liveupdate simply gives me a list of updates which need downloading, I select them in exactly the same way I have always done, and then it doesn't download any, saying that I chose not to download any of the available updates.

I am still within my year's free updates - and symantec help centre seems to be no help - though I am still looking this very moment.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

PSF 22:41 03 Feb 03

When you installed XP was it an update or clean install.

Have you tried to un-install and then re-install NIS 2002.

00edgarj 23:24 03 Feb 03

I completely re-formatted and then installed WIndows XP - clean install. I have not tried reinstalling NIS yet - as it is a clean install and I had this problem immediatly on installing NIS which was the first package I installed once I had got XP up and running.

Thanks, though,

PSF 00:23 04 Feb 03

Have you turned off the XP firewall? It could be effecting the downloads.

With most problems Norton seem to say re-install NIS.

JimmE 02:55 21 Nov 04

Old post, markig resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…