symantec Ghost free alternative?

Internetwhizzkid 23:42 26 May 07

Hi,
I want to make a image of my hard drive so instead of formatting all the time I can just use a disk image on a dvd restore it, so in a way i will of formatted the computer but my documents and music etc will be replaced back in the places they were.

Now i have tried norton ghost but I have had a lot of problems.

So can anyone please point me in the right direction of some free software that is similar to ghost and will do the same job

Thanks
Ben

Diodorus Siculus 07:18 27 May 07

click here - some listed here but I've nto used any.

Diemmess 09:17 27 May 07

You say [instead of formatting all the time]....

Do you mean constant reformatting and reinstallation of Windows etc?

Which version of windows are you using?

If you are only looking to make regular backups of your data and need a free program to do this for you at the click of a mouse, try a download of EZBackitup.
In effect this is a batch program where you choose what to copy from a windows explorer style tree, and where to save it, choosing exactly where.
After the first run, the whole thing can be repeated whenever... by a click on a green arrow.

i dont really understand your problem, i find ghost fine and very straight forward, i also dont understand why you are 'formatting all of the time'?

sydhall 10:25 27 May 07

I have been using this Programe for years No prob's
Just stick in tht DVD and follow the on screen instuctions; No need to format.

acein1 10:27 27 May 07

i agree with "adman 2",i also use ghost (the only norton program worth using imho) and i never had a problam with it ,also i have never in 7 years had to reformat my drive,as to why people have to keep doing it im dumfounded ???

sunny staines 12:07 27 May 07

there was a post by topcat the other day but cannot see it now. goto seagate web site and download their new free tools for seagate and maxtor hdd's includes free clone software

sunny staines 12:09 27 May 07

found it
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…