Symantec Customer Services. Expired premium.

timothywilliam 20:12 20 Dec 04

In October this year I renewed my Subscription to Symantec Personal Firewall using their on -line system to do so. They acknowledged my premium, cashed the credit card but my Firewall Dialogue Box says it has 'Expired' ever since. I have tried to get rid of this and get the date the next premium is due in the Dialogue Box. Countless E.mails to their Customer Services later and countless E.mails back and I still have not succeeded, and their On Line Help Assistant is absolutely useless. All they do is send me to their sites, some of which have no connection with the problem involved. The same person sent me four E.mails in one day one after the other from their CS. They even sent me a telephone number to contact and today when I did so the fellow said 'we cannot help you, press button 1' and that was it, cut off.
Does anyone else have this problem and if so did you get it resolved. How do you get to grips with this firm. I was astounded to read in an Opinion Poll they have a high rating for Customer Service !!!

tornado3 20:44 20 Dec 04

put norton in search box and see if anything comes up that sounds like you problem.

JoeC 21:19 20 Dec 04

them on 020 7744 0061 ?

I had an occasion to phone them today and they were very helful.

The number is the pay for help line, but if the technician at the other end ( Ireland ) thinks it is the fault of the programme - as it was in my case - they can waive the fee. That said, the current fee is £18 !!

If I remember correctly though, they would not help with 2003 programmes for some reason, but stated in a pre-recorded message that those are dealt with online.

Hope this helps you. : }

fitcher 21:28 20 Dec 04

did you notice there are two parts to the upgrade // one is fire wall at about twelve /pounds //the other part is your anti virus // at twenty pounds //pick one and the other will prompt you untill time is up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…