Symantec anti-virus subscription renewal problems

Sybill 15:09 26 Jan 03

I have been trying to renew my antivirus subscription fior the last week as it expires 25/01/03. Everytime I get to the submit order I am advised that "authorisation has not been allowed and check with my bank or card company or use another card"

My credit card company say there is no reason for the payment not to go ahead and I do not have another credit card. I do not see why I should pay extra for paying by cheque or by paying over the phone when my credit is good.

JoeC 15:23 26 Jan 03

From Symantec website :
In addition, subscriptions are no longer offered for the following programs because they no longer provide sufficient protection due to outdated technology:
Norton AntiVirus versions 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 for Windows, and Norton AntiVirus 5.0 and 6.0 for Macintosh
- - - Just in case you have an older product.

helcat 15:40 26 Jan 03

Hi Sybill I too had this problem last year when I tried to renew. I got really annoyed after filling out the form several times and then getting the message you describe. I found that the answer was to run a live update at least 4 times in a row and then restart your computer to complete the installation. I was then able to renew successfully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…