Sygate - W32 Kernel and RNAAP blocked

pppc 19:24 11 Aug 04

I am running Sygate Personal Firewall under Windows 98SE. I have just switched to Broadband (ADSL with Demon).

I am continually being advised that Win32 Kernel and RN_AAP are being blocked. (I suspect that blocking W32 K may be causing problems - my system is currently very unstable though Norton reports it clean).

I have not been able to find any where in Sygate that will tell me what files/apps/sites have been blocked and give me a means of unblocking them.

a) should I leave Sygate to block thses apps??

b) Where doesa Sygate keep a record of what I have instructed it to do and let me change it??

Any help would be appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:27 11 Aug 04

click here sygate info

pppc 19:44 11 Aug 04

Fruit Bat - what kept you?!?! :-)

I felt there had to be the facility under applications but somehow I missed it.

However, I am now more confused than ever. Under 'Applications' Win32 kernel is shown as Allowed. But my message keeps saying it is being blocked and when I look at 'Running Applications' I find that 'Incoming Allowed' = 0, 'Incoming Blocked' = 1012, and xero outgoing traffic. I'm afraid I don't understand the Advanced Options.

If you can advise whether I should allow Win 32 K to allow incoming traffic and if so how?? I should be grateful.

And I find no mention of RNAAP (I think that is the spelling) though I have been receiving notifications that it is blocked throughout today.

I'm v ery grateful for your response - taaa v. much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…