sygate probs

steve-252371 13:08 13 May 04

I have been using sygates firewall for a while now with no problems.This morning however the icon in my taskbar has disappeared,and when i try to access it via the programme menue it wont open.It still however seems to be running.How can i get my icon back so that i have access to the control panel?

Wak 14:36 13 May 04

Hi, If you go in to Windows Explorer/ program files/ Sygate/ SPF/ right click SMC.EXE and click OPEN.
When sygate is open, go to TOOLS and click UNHIDE System Tray Icon.
I hope that wil do it for you.

expertec 16:58 13 May 04

What windows, XP? Do you have multiple user accounts on your PC?

canard 20:42 13 May 04

Used to happen to me . Uninstall and reinstall sorted it every time.

Ivor_Monkey 22:49 13 May 04

Sygate only shows on the first user account to launch it when rapid switching. You have to log off the first user account if you want to see icon and receive alerts.

expertec 23:05 13 May 04

Ivor_monkey is right, that's what I was thinking of as well

katkins 03:07 14 May 04

Ivor's advice is precise. I opened a User account 3 days ago and Sygate only registered in the system tray on the Administrator account, not the newly set up User account. In fact, several other applications did not appear in the system tray of User either. I subsequently deleted the User account, preferring to stick with the Guest account. I uninstalled Sygate and downloaded Kerio Personal Firewall 4 instead, which is an outstanding product.

Ivor_Monkey 11:00 16 May 04

You can of course use sygate with user accounts, but you will need to log off when changing accounts if you want to see alerts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…