Sygate personal firewall

colberly 14:18 14 Jan 04

At present I am using the above and in the little box at the bottom of the information window where it says running applications there is an icon with a ? called WIN32 Kernel core component. I just wish to know what it is please and why it should be there. Previously I used ZA and don't remember anything of this nature.

LastChip 14:26 14 Jan 04

The Kernel is the heart of the operating system. The fact that Sygate notifies you, is probably just due to the different way the Firewall reports.

jimv7 14:28 14 Jan 04

I personally only let applications that I use to access the net, explorer/ad-aware/spybot/outlook/ get the drift.

If an unknown application requests access then I refuse permission, this has worked for me so far.

colberly 14:47 14 Jan 04

You are probably right, I just terminated the application, my PC froze and when I started things up again the same little icon was appeared.

It isn't asking for internet access, just there and appears to be doing nothing, but it must be needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…