Sygate home network

SimpleStevie 20:43 03 Mar 03

I have two PC's networked, one with a cable modem connected to the internet. Previously they both ran windows 98 and I used sygate home network to share the internet connection and it worked fine. I recently upgraded the server PC to windows XP with a clean install, and set up the network, which now works fine. Then i installed sygate home network again, it says its all working fine but I cant connect to any websites on the client PC, i just get a page not found message, so something isnt right along the line, any ideas? Or any other ways I can share the internet between a win xp server an win 98 client?

AndySD 21:11 03 Mar 03

Try going Start/Neterking choose network connections and on the cable modem connection right ckick and choose Properties and turn off the XP firewall and see if that solves the problem...if not post back and we will talk you through XP's own interet sharing.

AndySD 21:14 03 Mar 03

also click here

Smuggler 21:27 03 Mar 03

i'm wondering why you installed sygate. XP has its own ICS software and its very good and also easy to set up

armageddon_outta_here 22:30 03 Mar 03

sygate is better than XP's firewall. Make sure that XP's is disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…