sygate free firewall automatic updates

flix 10:22 10 Apr 05

hi,i would like sygate firewall to be checked automatically for new versions as they come available so have 'checked' in the internet update box but have never received a pop up or dialogue box telling me a new version is available! have always had to hit the 'check now' button to receive my updates, does anyone know where i'm going wrong?

Diodorus Siculus 11:10 10 Apr 05

Tools, opitons, updates, automatically check for new versions.

That works for me and seems to be what you have done? Don't know where you went wrong with it.

DieSse 14:27 10 Apr 05

New versions of sygate are very infrequent - it's not like an AV program which needs updates every day or so.

So maybe there just hasn't been an update yet.

I use Sygate, and it's always a long time in between updates.

sattman 15:08 10 Apr 05

I am also looking for the next update, the present version has a bug that prevents windows ME from shutting down

flix 21:16 10 Apr 05

i've managed to download updates manually so there have been updates its just that the computer can't flag them up when a new one arrives,thought that would have been a basic!

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 21:25 10 Apr 05

ive only had 1 update in the last 6 months and that was about 3 months ago

bosmere 11:03 13 Apr 05

sattman I've just downloaded v.5.6 build 2808 onto my ME PC (my present contract with Outpost is coming up for renewal so I'm giving Sygate free a try) and have not experienced any shutdown problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…