Sygate Firewall - Updated Version & Windows update

georgemac 17:42 01 Aug 04

since I have installed the latest build of sygate personal firewall on 2 pc's, both would hang (windows update - not the pc) while windows update site was scanning for updates.

Turned off the firewall on both pc's and windows update worked again normally.

A bug in the latest version of sygate? Or is it only me who is having this problem?

€dstowe 17:46 01 Aug 04

Just checked on my home system with the new Sygate and it scanned OK.

€d

Graham ® 18:27 01 Aug 04

OK here.

GaT7 18:49 01 Aug 04

What you've described happens sometimes with Win update & firewall sw. And it's not only Sygate that causes this problem. In the future, wait a while as Win update usually sorts itself out in a few minutes (from my experience), or disable Sygate whenever scanning for Win updates. G

iambeavis 18:54 01 Aug 04

I had a problem in that it couldn't be configured to allow Ad-aware access to the update site. It was fine with Spybot and all the others - guess it took a spite to Ad-aware for some reason. Reinstalled the previous version - everybody happy again.

Big B 19:29 01 Aug 04

Hi I had the same problem with windows update site got round it by knocking enable stealth browsing off until I finished with the updates then I turned stealth back on . No problems at all now,best firewall I have tried
Cheers
Brian

georgemac 21:03 01 Aug 04

thanks all, glad to find out it was not only me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…