Sygate Firewall support

Andsome 07:41 29 Nov 05

Important Notice: Effective November 30th, 2005 all Sygate personal firewall products and forum support will be discontinued. This does not affect Sygate's Enterprise firewall and endpoint compliance products, which will still be updated and supported.

Former Sygate customers can be assured that Symantec will continue to provide forum support on all Sygate consumer products at this time. When appropriate, the Symantec Support organization will follow standard EOL and EOS processes. For additional information regarding those policies, please see the link below. For technical assistance, please email:

THE ABOVE EXTRACT BOTHERS ME, and I will no longer want to stick with Sygate. Any suggestions please for a free alternative?

€dstowe 08:18 29 Nov 05

I have this awful feeling that we are in the process of losing all our free security software - to be gobbled up by Symantec in order to appease the great god PROFIT.

Andsome 08:29 29 Nov 05

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

ventanas 08:34 29 Nov 05

Kerio are dropping support for their free firewall as well. The loss of the free options wouldn't bother me too much as mine are all paid for anyway. (NOD32, Ewido, A2 and Norton Firewall), but it would still be sad to lose them all. How long before AVG and Avast drop their free versions?

Andsome 08:44 29 Nov 05

I also use Nod 32 and am very pleased with it. I understand that sometime late next year, one of the updates will include a firewall. I was told that this would be part of the package. I look forward to it.

961 09:18 29 Nov 05

Free version of Zone Alarm is your best bet

ventanas 09:26 29 Nov 05

Didn't know that, thanks. I will look out for it. I would like to get rid of Norton if possible, but at the moment I personally think its still one of the best. Probably not up to the full version of Zone Alarm, but that can be a problem at times. Just check out its forum.

Andsome 10:00 29 Nov 05

I e-mailed Nod 32 and asked their advice. They suggested that I look at Zoen Alarm and Outlook.

ACOLYTE 11:37 29 Nov 05

Well if you have the latest version of SPF you should still be able to install and use it after this time,and if you have any problems then thats what this site is for,i use SPF and this turn of events doesnt bother me one bit i will still use it and continue to.

Belatucadrus 12:27 29 Nov 05

Kerio will continue to support their firewall throughout 2006 and even unsupported it'll remain a good firewall.

reclaimjack 12:59 29 Nov 05

sigate is a good firewall and symantec are just tryin to make money.. you think they would buy avg instead and then they could market a decent anti-virus product cause at the moment they aint got one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…