Sygate Firewall help required

Graham ® 12:45 06 Aug 04

Free version. Looking at the logs, it is allowing outgoing traffic to spyware sites such as Vibrant Media and Double-Click. I'm about to zap them with Adaware and Spybot, but is there an easy way to add them to the blocked applications list?

Bebee 12:52 06 Aug 04

I think that if you click on the Applications button (next to the Logs button) you should be able to deselect the programs that are sending to these sites.

Graham ® 13:48 06 Aug 04

They are not in Applications. I understand they are cookies, so it would seem Sygate doesn't ask for permission for these.

iambeavis 13:57 06 Aug 04

I think they are part of the process of logging onto this site. I've just logged off and then on again, to check, and they show up in the traffic log along with PCA.

Graham ® 14:10 06 Aug 04

I'm going to delete cookies after every session now!

Wak 15:46 06 Aug 04

Hi, if you go to Tools/ Options/ Security tab and put a tick in "Anti-Application Hi-jacking" it will stop third party applications (Cookies, etc.)asking trusted applications to phone home for them.
The trusted applications should already be classified (Block, Ask or Allow) in the main application panel and will keep you informed of what is happening.
Hope this helps.

Graham ® 17:53 06 Aug 04

Thanks, already ticked.

Wak 18:44 06 Aug 04

If you download SpywareBlaster from click here this will block the Double-click cookies and many others for you.

Graham ® 19:26 06 Aug 04

Thanks again, I already have SpywareBlaster running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…