Sygate firewall and blocked web site

phil.smith 10:01 26 Feb 08

I have just installed Sygate Personal Firewall on my laptop. If I set the security to Normal it will allow access to most Web Sites. However, there is one which it will not (Ancestry.co.uk) unless I change the security to Allow All.

Is there some way I can get Sygate to recognise this site and allow it under the Normal tag?

Phil

phil.smith 15:28 26 Feb 08

Bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 26 Feb 08

Running sysgate on normal have just access Ancestry.co.uk with out problems (using Firefox).

perhaps its your browser blocking, sygate should only block applications.

phil.smith 17:04 26 Feb 08

Thanks Fruit Bat
Firefox does access Ancestry with me also but it will access in IE7 only when Sygate is set to Allow All and not normal.

BBez 08:45 12 Mar 08

i have the same problem on my girls computer with Sygate / Firefox with accessing on-line banking.

If i try the same site with Internet Explorer with Sygate running on normal, it can access site.

I was on mozilla's support forums which states there is a known issue with FF/SG but i tried the solution by adding advanced rules for ff in sygate, to no avail.

click here or click here to read it

I have the same software config on my own PC at home and SG blocks nothing with SG running on normal so i'm thinking it may be a NIC issue as we run different chipsets on each PC.

johnnyrocker 09:40 12 Mar 08

how was it resolved?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5