Sygate Firewall

snooker 17:36 26 Jan 03

Sygate Personal Firewall is a great system - especially for a novice like me. but Can someone tell me how to unblock a package? I can see the ones I want to change in Log viewer. What's the next step?

Lú-tzé 17:52 26 Jan 03

Do you mean a prog? If so, look in applications list, right click and choose ask / allow.

snooker 19:37 26 Jan 03

When I right click the applications list the only choice I get is 'backtrace'
Should I be in the Log viewer?

muppetmark 20:22 26 Jan 03

Close logviewer, you should then see

Block all ,applications , logs, test and help

across the panel, click on applications should bring up your list of applications, change the ones you want to allow

snooker 20:49 26 Jan 03

thanks muppetmark.
I followed your instructions.
It is probable I am asking the wrong question.
The problem I have is that the firewall is blocking my wireless network to my portable.

I dont see the relevant address in applications.

snooker 10:25 27 Jan 03

My first impressions of Sygate Firewall are good but the problem I have is that the firewall is blocking my wireless network to my portable.

I don't see the relevant address in applications.

It appears as blocked in the traffic log but where do I go from there to allow access.
Options appears to allow the connection.

jazzypop 11:44 27 Jan 03

As with all firewalls, it is much simpler to uninstall the firewall while setting up the network. Once the network is established, reinstall the firewall, which should then detect the network and prompt you to allow it.

You can also go to Tools > Network Neighbourhood, and tick both boxes.

jazzypop 11:45 27 Jan 03

Sorry - that should be Tools > Options > Network Neighbourhood

snooker 12:52 27 Jan 03

Thanks Jazzypop
This sounds like the answer I've been waiting for.

I'll do as you say.

snooker 13:22 30 Jan 03

Jazzypop.

I've ticked both boxes with no success.

When you say reinstall the firewall do you mean take it off the system completely?
I've tried switching to 'Allow All' connecting the network then changing to'Normal'with no result.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone with Sygate Firewall who is able to connect to the internet via a wireless network.

jazzypop 13:33 30 Jan 03

I've done it on several systems, with no problems.

Uninstall Sygate from Add /Remove programs. Setup the wireless network according to the instructions from the manufacturers. Reinstall Sygate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…