Sygate Firewall,?

cadley 12:42 25 Oct 03

I would like to install a free firewall as my norton firewall subscription has now expired, is Sygate OK or has anyone any other reccommendations.
I have had my computer hacked once and don't want to repeat the experiance again!
Many thanks for any advice

DieSse 12:44 25 Oct 03

I've been using Sygate Prsonal (free) for some year or so. It's performed fine, and better still has not given me any problems related to it's installation.

rawprawn 14:26 25 Oct 03

I used Sygate for about a year with no problems, but I changed back to the new Zone alarm Free edition, and I think it is the better of the two.From a point of view of protection I don't think there is anything to chose, but I think ZA is easier to configure with more options.The only thing I had against Sygate was that no matter how many times I configured it not to allow programs to act as server, they kept chaning back which I did not like.

The Paul 14:26 25 Oct 03

I agree with DieSse. Great tool and free.

Belatucadrus 14:35 25 Oct 03

Firewalls :- Kerio2 click here Sygate click here ZoneAlarm click here Outpost 1.0 click here Look'n'stop Lite click here & Omniquad click here

I like Kerio best but Outpost, ZoneAlarm & Sygate are all very good. I found Look'n'stop surprisingly effective for something so small, but a pig to reconfigure to plug a few holes in the rules & Omniquad I don't know.

expertec 14:37 25 Oct 03

Sygat is excellent :-)

cadley 17:35 25 Oct 03

Many thanks, looks like I'll give Sygate a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…