Sygate 5.5.2525 Install Problems

Jester2K 18:35 04 Feb 04

Following on from click here

I have now discovered that un-installing the old 2516 version and rebooting and installing the 2525 version works OK.

Except i loose all my permissions which is very annoying. I wouldn't might if it was just me but with two kids who use the 'net & it's a pain to have to keep running upstairs to click Yes, No etc every time they do something for the first time again... Even worse when i'm out and get a phone call every 5 - 10 mins....

dazzling 19:03 04 Feb 04

odd that jester i had the free one and loaded the pro version over the top with no problems and it kept all my permissions.darren

powerless 19:06 04 Feb 04

"Pre-Configure for Child use" - Click Yes.

Jester2K 19:11 04 Feb 04

dazzling - yes it normally does keep the settings but in this case i can't install over the top (as per the other post) and have to uninstall (hence loosing the old settings) and install from scratch.

Powerless - never seen this setting (in 4 versions of Sygate)

powerless 19:15 04 Feb 04

Its a Misc setting that has DIY attatched to it ;-))

What I mean is run all of the progies that the kiddies will use and also what you use. If a popup does...popup; then interogate them.

Jester2K 19:33 04 Feb 04

Ah - thats kinda what i want to avoid.

Ideally i want to fix the problem but it looks like tomorrow will have to uninstall and reinstall and reset the permissions as per Powerless...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…