swop file

ginger103 14:34 31 Jan 07

I have no problems with a weak graphics card, but I have tied 3 reasonable cards the latest being XFX 7600gt 256 mb AGP, and all but the old weak card produce similar problems.
I think it is something to do with the Virtual memory swap file which windows says is less than the recommended 140mb.
Can some genius out there tell me where to find the swap file and how to adjust it ?????

rawprawn 14:53 31 Jan 07

Start/Right Click on My Computer/Properties/Advanced tab/Performance Settings/Advanced/ Virtual Memory

rawprawn 14:54 31 Jan 07

Mine is set at 766 mb

rawprawn 14:56 31 Jan 07

Sorry to keep coming back, but when you click "Change" to change the virtual memory it should give you the recommended level

AndySD 15:10 31 Jan 07

If its not that then try booting into the BIOS/Setup and change the AGP appature to 256 mb.

You may also try going Start then Run type in msconfig and click ok then choose the startup tab.

Now go click here and search out all of the entries and untick any not required.

ginger103 16:30 31 Jan 07

Thank you rawprawn and AndySD.
I have tried both ways but i still have the same problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…