switching user on xp home

xp novice 23:24 10 May 04

Please help !!! For some reason, just recently my system refuses to let me switch user: I can log out & get on the screen where the other users icons are , but when I click on one them , the screen is stuck with the light blue background with the xp home logo & refuses to move to the next stage, ie:loading personal settings for the new user. Any ideas ?

hugh-265156 23:27 10 May 04

have you tried system restore to a date when all was well maybe?

xp novice 09:50 18 May 04

yes, I have tried it & it seemed to work ok , then it happened again and now my restore points seem to have disappeared but one. I tried that one but got the same problem.

xp novice 00:32 19 May 04

Also I noticed I can log off & then log in as a different user without any problem , so why is it a problem to use the switch user button. What is the difference ?

wawadave 00:42 19 May 04

you might try going to start,run,type sfc /scannow
click ok you will be asked to incert your xp cd do so.
this will repair any damager xp or windows files.
as it sounds like something has goten corupted.

hugh-265156 00:43 19 May 04

is fast user switching enabled in services?

control panel/administrative tools/services

double click it and set to automatic

xp novice 00:07 23 May 04

Thanks for the suggestion . I've tried that , but it is set to automatic & still doesn't work. Is it because another service is corrupted ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…