Switching user accounts

tonyt1151 18:15 01 Dec 07

I am having problems when swithing user accounts. Start - Log off -Switch user both accounts shown. If I then click on other account PC freezes. It used to loose first account and say "loading personnel settings" for the account being opened but not any more. Only way out seems to pressing restart button on front of PC or switching off PC on front. I am using XP home SP2. Tried Ccleaner

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:22 01 Dec 07

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

tonyt1151 10:14 22 Mar 08

Although I ticked this as resolved it has not really been sorted fully. The problem did go away at first after running sfc /scannow but has now returned. I have run sfc again but still have the problem. If I click on "switch user" to go to another user account (leaving original acc logged on) then PC freezes and I can only get out of it by switching off. The only way to switch acc's is to log off open acc and log on to other one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…