switching user....

herc182 12:44 06 Nov 04

Dear all,

i have set up my profile (as administrator) and my house mates (with no privilages) on windows xp home. so instead of switching off, i just switch user and let him on it. the problem is that every time he logs on to his profile, it cuts my internet connection on my profile. so if i leave a program downloading, it will stop (obviously since the internet is switched off). this doesnt happen if i just log off onto the welcome screen, only when he logs onto his profile.

any ideas?

thanks

VoG II 12:49 06 Nov 04
  herc182 13:04 06 Nov 04

thanks VoG™ but it doesnt work on my computer. i dont have that option....on the advanced tab there is no such box to check

VoG II 13:13 06 Nov 04

Assuming that this is a dial-up connection...

Control Panel, Network connections, click on the connection. Properties button, Advanced tab. You should find the setting there.

herc182 14:24 06 Nov 04

not a dial up, BB. it says there shouldnt be a problem with broadband, but unfortunately there is on mine...

VoG II 14:28 06 Nov 04

click here and scroll down to Fast User Switching and Internet Connection

herc182 22:03 07 Nov 04

thank you for your help. that last post done the trick....as always!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…