Switching for Scanner

Bagsey 20:17 29 Aug 03

I have a laptop and desktop computer which are close to each other on a desk and need to be able to connect my scanner to each. Has anyone come accross a USB switch similar to the data switch that I use for my printers that can switch the scanner from one computer to the other. I really dont want to continue grovelling at the back of my desktop to disconect the usb cable each time I need to change from one machine to the other.Anyone out there with the knowledge of the kind of thing. Thanks.

Bagsey 07:44 30 Aug 03

mrdsgs 08:26 30 Aug 03

belkin make one that controls up to four pcs, allowing them to "share" a usb device by switching between them.

i actually have a spare one.

if you combine it with a matching usb hub you can "share" up to four devices between four pcs.

i have one of these as well.

e-mail me if you want more details or look on belkin site for "usb switch".

Bagsey 17:30 05 Sep 03

Thanks for that info and sorry for the delay in replying. I have been away from home for a week swanning around Cornwall. The Belkin gizmo looks to be just what I need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…