Switching ISP - Can I use existing modem?

NOVICE ENABLED 13:02 01 May 06

I want to switch from AOL to Tiscali. My current modem from AOL is a BT Voyager 105 USB. Can anyone tell me if this is compatible with Tisali & if I should anticipate any problem with the switch over?
Thanks in adavnce.

rawprawn 13:40 01 May 06

I should think you can use your existing modem, but I think Tiscali supply SagemFast 800 free. They did when I went with them. I am still with Tiscali but eventually I bought my own ADSL Ethernet modem which I find more reliable.

JayDay 13:59 01 May 06

I've used the same USB modem (speedtouch 330) with three broadband ISP's with no problem.

Daveboy 15:44 01 May 06

Yes, but you will have to create your own connection as their s/ware will try to install their modem.

terryf 15:50 01 May 06

You could consider buying a netgear DG835 combined modem, firewall and router taking a long term view, firewall is super, works with any ISP

wobblymike 19:02 01 May 06

Agree with all the above would recommend you dump your USB modem and move to a ethernet modem instead. BT Voyager 205 is my modem of choice works great. One small word of caution if buying it secondhand like on e bay make sure it is not locked to BT. Sometimes when BT provide them to a customer who is using Bt as ISP they are locked and can't be used with another ISP. Most aren't but be aware.

keewaa 19:32 01 May 06

Just change your login username and password .... as simple as that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…