Switching Internal Hard Drives.

Daibus 07:46 05 Nov 05

A few months ago I had fitted two new Hard Drives and all is working fine but after downloading Everest I discovered that my Primary Drive is 5400rpm whereas the Secondary Drive is 7200rpm.

My question is, is it possible to Clone or BackUp to the Secondary Drive and use this as the Primary for the computer by just going into the Bios and therefore not having to alter the actual connections on the Drives themselves? I also have an External USB Drive and use Acronis True Image.

Would this be a worthwhile thing to do, could I land myself in some bother and can you notice a difference between the two Drive speeds anyway?

Many thanks for your advice.

€dstowe 07:58 05 Nov 05

Is the setup you have at the moment causing problems? If not, I would leave it alone.

As I constantly seem to be stating, much mischief can be caused by unnecessary tinkering and messing about with you computer (or anything else). One false move and you could end up with a very expensive box of rubbish.

AndySD 08:07 05 Nov 05

Yes its possable to do and relitivly simple....but there are a lot of minor pitfalls I personally have done this its not worth the hasstle as Edstowe says if its working fine leave it as it is.

PaulB2005 08:18 05 Nov 05

As the other two say but True Image will allow you to Clone the drive from one to the other.

Daibus 09:03 05 Nov 05

Many thanks for your advice which I think I will take.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…