Switching BT Modems?

babybell 17:37 16 Sep 05

I am currently surfing using BT Freeserve and a USB Modem. The modem is old and keeps losing connection so i have just purchased a BT 330 USB Modem. The thing is, the new modem comes with BT Yahoo, so here is my question. Can i simply swap over the modem and install the drivers without installing all the BT Yahoo gumpf?

Magik ®© 13:03 18 Sep 05

in a nutshell, yes you can.....just what i have done....

jan-boy 23:02 19 Sep 05

Yes! just load the modem drivers only.

babybell 00:19 20 Sep 05

Downloaded drivers straight from BT website, no BT Yahoo junk. Ta guys

westwit 23:48 20 Sep 05

Was your old BT modem by any chance a Voyager 105? I have one of these and it keeps losing the connection. I have often wondered if it is the modem causing these drop-outs or an overlong extension from the main telephone socket to where my PC is.

babybell 13:57 22 Sep 05

Yea it was the BT 105 modem, i have heard that they can't really handle the new speeds, even with the booster drivers. I purchased a brand new 330 modem of ebay for £15 and we have been using it for a week now without a single drop in connection!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…