Switching Browsers...

SB23 19:06 19 Apr 06

I'm thinking of switching browsers, simply because I'm bored with the way Aol is working at the mo, not to mention the length of time pages take to load. IE6 works ok, but with connecting with Aol, how does this all work, and what are my choices?
Advice Please

mattyc_92 19:11 19 Apr 06

I am on AOL, but I haven't got a single piece of AOl software installed.

I simply downloaded my modem drivers from the modem's manufactorer. I now just type in my aol e-mail address as my "username" and my password for the aol account and click "Dial" within 2 seconds, I am online :D

Haol 19:14 19 Apr 06

I would advise that you use Opera click here it's secure, free, light and very fast.

hzhzhz 19:15 19 Apr 06

Mozilla Firefox is my choice.and I recommend it. Tabbed browsing and loads of skins and extensions. You could also try Opera. There are others but for me its Firefox. I gave up with Aol as a browser a long time ago. If your pages are loading slowly then perhaps a clean out is overdue, CC Cleaner etc.

SB23 19:18 19 Apr 06

I clean on a regular basis, so that's not the problem, but once Aol has signed me on, and I've chosen a browser, do I just start that browser to continue, or can I make it start once Aol has connected me?

hzhzhz 19:27 19 Apr 06

For me , when I switch the pc on, the AOL Dialler automatically connects. Then without opening the aol software I just click on Firefox.

SB23 19:38 19 Apr 06

I'm on BB Silver, does that matter. Once I click on me, that's it, I'm on quickly. Do I just choose at that point?

anniecat 19:45 19 Apr 06

I use enigma browser, lots of features, I like it very much. and it's free here..
click here

SB23 20:00 19 Apr 06

Thanks for that one, although I've never heard of it. Will go away now, and try a few. Let you all know in due course.

SB23 13:36 20 Apr 06

Just to let you know, have installed firefox as of last night, think I'll stick with it for a while.

Thanks everyone.

Stuartli 14:08 20 Apr 06

If you go to:

click here

scroll down and download Firetune Firefox, you will find Firefox runs even faster once "tuned".

It's much easier than doing it manually via about:config

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…