Switching between Excel workbooks

Stubacka 16:13 01 Sep 06

Apparently due to the way my new PC is attaching to our (Citrix) server, Excel will not allow me to show multiple workbooks as separate buttons on the Taskbar even though it is set to do so in Tools/Options.

Is there another quick (keyboard?)way to switch between workbooks other than going through the Window menu and selecting another workbook?

I suspect this might have something to do with the fact that I do not have a local copy of Excel on my C:/ drive and can only connect to the server copy. My PC is running XP.

Also, is there a way of switching the settings to make the scroll wheel move the cursor through the cells one at a time instead of the whole page scrolling while the current cell remains the same. This has only changed since I was given a PC to use instead of a terminal on the aforementioned Citrix system.
My home PC also scrolls the whole page up and down.

xania 16:27 01 Sep 06

Don't have an answer to the first part, but, as a work-around, all your open work books are selectable by accessing your Windows drop down menu. Also, if you want to access moer than one at a time, you can open each one in a separate windown within the Excel main window. Scroll Lock will solve your second problem.

VoG II 16:57 01 Sep 06

Try CTRL + F6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac