Switch from Tiscali to Talk Talk

amyjen7 15:06 03 Dec 10

I am told my Tiscali account will transfer to Talk Talk on the 24/01/2011 but I must add [email protected] to my email address book to get paper billing otherwise it will cost me. Can anyone please tell me where this email address book is & if its OK to do now, despite the change over date will not be until 24/01/2011.I run Vista Home Premium. Thank you Kind regards Keith

cocteau48 15:29 03 Dec 10

I have been with TT for years and have not come across that email address before so I would assume that it must be something to do with the transfer of Tiscali customers.

TT do give a discount for online billing and the only reason that I can think of adding to your address book (which is accessible within your email client program eg: Windows Mail click here) is to stop their incoming emails being treated as spam and going straight to the trash bin.

No harm in adding it at present

amyjen7 15:58 03 Dec 10

Thanks cocteau48 but this information has got me know further as my Windows Mail is empty of all reference to Tiscali or Talk Talk so it can't be there I should be looking. Tiscali also give a discount for online billing so should have been there & I would have just substituted the name. Windows suggested I went into "All Programmes-Windows Contact" Am I missing something otherwise this is going to cost me? Sorry for being a thicky but surely there is another Tiscali customer who has come across this Kind regard.

dvdcllns 16:41 03 Dec 10

When you opened the account with Tiscali you would have been given an e-mail account i.e. [email protected]
Add this new address to the contacts of that e-mail account to prevent messages going to the spam box.
Tiscali should have sent you monthly statement to your e-mail address even if you are paperless, as I am. I just saw the amount in the bank statement and that was enough.

lotvic 16:55 03 Dec 10

You need to get the OCE's on TalkTalk forum to sort the talktalk side of things for you, register for forum - click on 'Register' on top bar click here make sure you read the Sticky "Read First - Get your problems fixed quicker" so you know how the forum works i.e. don't bump your thread up as they work up from the oldest first and you might also find it useful to read these threads to avoid the same pitfalls click here
click here

cocteau48 16:57 03 Dec 10

Go into All programs/Windows?Contact as you have done and click on New Contact and add the new address.

As I said ,and dvdcllns agrees,this will merely stop your incoming from TT being treated as spam.

The presence,or not, of this address in your address book will not stop TT from sending you an online bill every month.

lotvic 17:12 03 Dec 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5