Switch problem - Tiny computer

degs 13:55 02 Oct 03

I have had a Tiny T1440 computer for a few years now and now it appears as if the main switch has given up the ghost. For a while I had to hold the switch in otherwise it would not power up but now it is just dead. My question is:- how do I get the front off the computer so that I can replace the switch? I can take the sides off but cannot see how to remove the cream cploured plastic covers. I did have a virus just before the switch went dead but I cannot see how this could have affected the power supply.

BarryKeith 14:26 02 Oct 03

It may not be the switch that is at fault, you should never have to hold the switch in the "ON" position to get the PSU to start up. It sounds more like a fault in the circuitry that the switch controls (Which is internal to the PSU.), and will probably require the attention of a technician.

Jester2K II 14:47 02 Oct 03

To be honest for the amount of money it'll cost you to fix the switch you might as well get a new case and PSU.

Make sure you get a copy of the motherboard manual for the "pin outs" for the front panels lights and switches first otherwise you won't know where to plug your new cables into.

Jester2K II 14:49 02 Oct 03

Having re-read BarryKeith's post can you borrow a PSU? Not worth having a technician to look at it. You can get cases for £30 with a PSU included.

Too save time and money in the long run. Replace the PSU and if that doesn't work buy the case and change that.

stlucia 16:29 02 Oct 03

New PSU did the trick for me when I had a similar problem.

degs 23:09 02 Oct 03

Many thanks to every one that replied. I will try your ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…