on/off switch for my desk top not working properly - please advice

geek84 15:33 PM 05 Feb 13

Hi Folks

My on/off switch (which is situated underneath the monitor)for my 3 year old Packard Bell desk top is not working properly. Very often the PC is on and the switch does not work - i.e. I get a blank screen.

Do you think there may be a loose connection or is there some type of fault with thee software?

Thank You.

Terry Brown 16:40 PM 05 Feb 13

Unless you know a qualified Electronic engineer (or are one), I suggest you either:-

Put in in for repair ,it may be worth repairing or look for a new monitor as the cost of repair may be more than the monitor is worth.

Terry

woodchip 16:51 PM 05 Feb 13

If it as a Reset Button these can be used by switching cables on Motherboard as they are only press to make connections same buttons but does a different job on how they connected to motherboard

lotvic 00:06 AM 06 Feb 13

It's either the on/off button on monitor (if no sign of life from monitor) or it might be a loose cable from monitor to pc.

xania 11:05 AM 06 Feb 13

WHy not simply leave the monitor switched on permanently and just switch off at the mains?

xania 11:14 AM 06 Feb 13

WHy not simply leave the monitor switched on permanently and just switch off at the mains?

geek84 11:16 AM 06 Feb 13

Hi folks

Thanks for your replies.

xania - Yes, I already do what you are saying, but it doesn't solve the problem of the monitor button not working properly, which is located underneath the monitor !

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay