Switch Identity problem (Outlook Express)

Peverelli 13:01 08 Jun 03

Until recently, when my girlfriend and I wanted to change from one email account to the other, all we had to do was click on 'File' > 'Switch Identity' and then click on the other name and then 'OK'. Suddenly this doesn't work any more and OE just returns to the default account. We can get around this by clicking on 'File' > 'Identities' > 'Manage Identities' > 'Use this identity when starting a program' > changing the name > 'OK' and finally closing OE and re-opening it again.

How can we get it back to the simpler method? It's probably something simple or obvious that we've overlooked :O(

XP & OE6.

soy 13:07 08 Jun 03

I had exactly the same problem, the problem occurs after you install Service Pack 1 and stops your 'Switching Identity' from working. you have to install a patch from microsoft.

Heres my thread: click here

You will find the link to the patch as well!

soy

Peverelli 13:34 08 Jun 03

Thank you for your prompt and effective reply. You'd think a large & successful company like MS would've had this sorted before they released the service pack. But then again, we're all human ;O)

For those who have the same problem, the patch is here: click here

Thanks again, soy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…