"Switch Box" for Broadband

pj123 17:14 29 Jul 04

Some time ago I read a thread that offered something like a "switch box" (not a router) that could be used to connect two (or four) computers to one BB connection. I have tried the search engine but can't seem to find it now. Anyone else remember this thread please, if so can you point me in the right direction. I believe it was available from eBuyer.

GaT7 18:09 29 Jul 04

You'd use a HUB (or switch) to do this - click here. HTH, G

rotate 18:36 29 Jul 04

I have 3 PC's connected to my NTL Broadband modem and could only do it by using a router. A switch will not work as the modem will only see one computer at a time. A router fools the modem into thinking that 'it' is the PC so the modem locks into that. You then simply connect your other PC's to the router outputs.

pj123 12:12 01 Aug 04

I think I have now found the previous recommendation. click here

Do you think it will work for the BB Modem?

After all it claims "virtually any USB device"

Thoughts please. Thank you.

Bowsprit 12:27 01 Aug 04

You will need a powered hub to connect your scanner,printer,webcam and modem and then connect to the switch and a usb cable out to each computer.It works but a router is more convenient.

pj123 13:31 15 Aug 04

Forget the "switch box" bit. Now looking down the "router" road but need to know a bit more about it. Am doing a search on Google for more info.

Will tick this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…