//some 3rd party need geo

swin_nts.~bt

swapper 08:22 17 Jul 04

does anyone know what this file is please, I cant say I have noticed it before?

Diodorus Siculus 09:01 17 Jul 04

Where is it?

swapper 18:37 17 Jul 04

Sorrrry, it's not "swin_nts.~bt" but "$win_nt$.~bt" and it is top of the list in "My Computer/Local Disk(c)"

I'm grasping at straws here Diodorus Siculus, because I have lost the ability to get my DVD/CDROM's to "Autorun" on two PC's and I think it is to do with a couple of progs. that I uninstalled/reinstalled,PowerProducer2 and Nero5 and Nero 6 OEM, I'm also looking for Progs that I do not recognise :-((

swapper 18:37 17 Jul 04

Sorrrry, it's not "swin_nts.~bt" but "$win_nt$.~bt" and it is top of the list in "My Computer/Local Disk(c)"

I'm grasping at straws here Diodorus Siculus, because I have lost the ability to get my DVD/CDROM's to "Autorun" on two PC's and I think it is to do with a couple of progs. that I uninstalled/reinstalled,PowerProducer2 and Nero5 and Nero 6 OEM, I'm also looking for Progs that I do not recognise :-((

powerless 18:46 17 Jul 04
  Diodorus Siculus 18:56 17 Jul 04

Have you tried the system file checker if you have win98 /xp?

start

run

sfc /scannow

swapper 19:24 17 Jul 04

I have Winxp, a clean install.
I have tried sfc /scannow, but when it prompts me that it needs to copy .dll files, and I should insert the WinXp disk, when I do this the respomse is that it is the wrong disk, and it is not! I think this is probably due to the fact that the disks will not Autorun. how do I go on from here please.

swapper 19:26 17 Jul 04

Powerless, I don't want to remove xp? did you put me to the wrong link :-))

Diodorus Siculus 19:29 17 Jul 04

Have you installed a service pack for WinXP? That can cause some problems for the system file checker.

THE TERMINATOR 19:40 17 Jul 04

The file named ~ is a copy of your outlook express address book and can be deleted without harm. It happens everytime you make changes to it. It is a fault in one of the Microsoft updates but as yet they have no remedy for it, maybe in SP2....TT

Diodorus Siculus 19:42 17 Jul 04

ßéLâ - always someone comes along with the simple answer. :-)

Thanks for the enlightenment...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…