Swift printer help needed!

Cybermaxx 13:22 18 Aug 06

Bit of a mad rush here. Need to print off my cobbled together CV now, but my HP printer has gone wonky. I'm getting a message saying that the printer isn't connected to the PC, even though it is. The 'reconnect' option does nothing. It just says "cannot find HP Photosmart Printer".

Help! Please.

brundle 13:26 18 Aug 06
  vinnyT 13:32 18 Aug 06

Is it usb? Try pulling the usb plug out of the port, then putting it back in.

Cybermaxx 14:18 18 Aug 06

I reinstalled it. Seemed to go alright, but when I try to print it keeps saying there's no paper in it, when there is. The motor turns etc., but the paper isn't getting fed into it.

brundle 14:25 18 Aug 06

take a look where the paper feeds in, sometimes small items can drop in there and jam the paper feed.
more likely if you have inquisitive young kids in the vicinity :)

Cybermaxx 20:38 18 Aug 06

No, no kids here! I gave up eventually. Saved the file onto a CD, took it to the library, but all their computers were in use. Went to the job centre, but they wouldn't help (data protection etc.). What a mess........ No CV yet.

Blasted HP printers. Should have known better than to buy another one. The last one's cartridge belt snapped for no apparent reason, now this one lets me down just when I need it most. Bloody rubbish. Even when it did work, it was always grabbing multiple sheets, no matter how carefully I aired them beforehand.

woodchip 20:49 18 Aug 06

Get a Epson

Cybermaxx 21:46 18 Aug 06

I'm skint dole scum! I can't afford anything! No more printers, that's for sure.

Cybermaxx 18:15 19 Aug 06

I can't see any blockage. You can see it trying to pull the paper through, but it hardly moves. Then I get the "Out of paper" message. I would love to get it working again.....

Cybermaxx 18:21 19 Aug 06

Then it says the connection betwen the PC and printer has been lost, and it won't re-connect! Woe is me.

Cybermaxx 18:53 19 Aug 06

Hahaha, got it working. Basically jammed my fingers into the bit where the paper feeds in and pushed anything that would move. The black cartridge is printing faintly, so I removed it, and it's now in back-up printing mode, using the colour cartridge only. Looks black-ish, anyway!

It's printing slightly slanted, though. Not quite a vertical margin, if you see what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…