SWF file conversion

djbenny 13:01 25 Feb 09

Hello

i have an swf file to convert so i can use it as a background on a webpage, but cannot seem to find any free tools todo this?

is there any i have found super and format factory

skidzy 13:19 25 Feb 09

The little info i have read seems to point to Format factory as one of the best freebies.
However,Giveawayoftheday have something for today only that may do as you wish click here

djbenny 13:27 25 Feb 09

i have tried format factory but cannot seem to find the option for swf into gif

MAJ 13:38 25 Feb 09

If it isn't to be animated, just take a sreenshot of it and paste into your favourite graphics manipulation program and resave in whichever image format you wish.

skidzy 13:41 25 Feb 09

Hi maj
Am i on the wrong track here,i was thinking this is a flash video or possible banner of sorts ? :-)

MAJ 13:50 25 Feb 09

Hi skidzy, yes swf is a flash video, they can be converted to animated gifs using software like Magic swf2gif click here. It's used a lot for peoples signatures in some forums which allow animated gifs but not other video file types.

As the OP didn't mention animated gif, I thought maybe he/she just wanted a screenshot in gif format, hence my rather basic suggestion.

skidzy 13:52 25 Feb 09

Cheers Maj :-) will wait now for DJ to post back.

djbenny 14:02 25 Feb 09

no, it is an animated swf and will need to be animated gif for he background.

desertfish 09:52 14 Jul 10

Moyea swf to video converter Pro can convert swf to most of popular video formats like flv ,avi,wmv etc. it also converts swf to audio and image formats .
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…