Swat It updates?

Litlun 09:01 14 Jun 03

I installed Swat It on 12 April then from a posting on here (30 April) I saw there was a new version out so installed that.

It said on the site that the free version is updated monthly but I'm always told that no updates are available. Here we are on the 14th June and I've never had one. If things of this nature are not updated regularly then they quickly become next to useless so I think I will remove it. Has anyone else had any updates?

Belatucadrus 09:49 14 Jun 03

It does update but not as often as Anti virus. I suspect it's because a Trojan is harder to code than an e-mail worm so there is less need, as new ones don't appear as often. If you're short on space, copy it to CD and delete from the hard drive, you can always put it back later if you want.

Litlun 11:55 14 Jun 03

Thanks Belatucadrus. I've got plenty of space but I just wondered if I was wasting it on something that appears not to update too regularly. I'll leave it a while longer to see what happens.

Thanks for reply,

Regards.

Mango Grummit 01:02 24 Jun 03

Has anyone been able to update SwatIt lately? I think they must have dropped support for their free version, that's if they are still in business at all! I have mailed them several times to no avail. Litlun is right, these things need to be updated to be of any use to anyone.

Looks like Gladiator is going to get another user here unfortunately. I say unfortunately as I have used it previously and it's scanning speed is so slow but there we go, they're both free when all said and done but free and not quite doing a perfect job is one thing. Free and useless is something else again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…