S/Ware Updates and ... HDD Space

AngeTheHippy 20 Dec 12

Now this is a question that's been on my mind for ages, but never asked...UNTIL I bought my Nexus 7 (32gb)tablet. I'm getting 'app updates' (from Google play)daily - these are ALL adding to the disk space on this Nexus (which isn't much anyway) and want to know this - will there be a time, where the disk space is drastically reduced due to updates using so much?? This equally applies to Laptops only not on such a grand scale. I'm beginning to NOT update some apps. ANOTHER 'I wonder' is - when these updates come along, do they delete/cancel out previous app updates so actual memory is minimal?? Thanks in advance - 32gb ISN'T much memory to play with!!

AngeTheHippy x

Chronos the 2nd 20 Dec 12

I suppose it depends on how many apps you have. I had a 16Gb Nexus 7 and although I had plenty of apps and a couple of films I still had plenty of space. But unless you have hundred of apps then I think there is a small chance of filling the 32GB memory.

northumbria61 20 Dec 12

Can't give you a specific answer but there are ways to free up space on your device - see here enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message