Swapping processors

loser7 18:15 30 Mar 05

I want to swap processors between computers they both use 478 sockets and the motherboards are both p4 compatable both processors are made by celeron one is 1.7 and the other is 2.2 can a simple swap be made from one computer to the other or would i lose anything already on the computers.

goonerbill © ® 18:18 30 Mar 05

yes you should be able to just swap over but just check the website of the mobo that has the 1.7ghz celeron in, that it can take a 2.2ghz celeron.

small note. celeron is a brand/name of CPU made by INTEL.

Dorsai 18:20 30 Mar 05

It depends on the Motherboards (Mobo). Clearly the mobo with the faster CPU can take the faster CPU, but without knowing the make/model of the mobo in the PC with the slower CPU, it is impossable to say if that Mobo can use the faster CPU.

IF you don't know the Specs of either machine fully try Belar Advisor, click here and it will tell you what you have.

Sorry, but that's the best I can think of.

loser7 18:33 30 Mar 05

Hope your still there Dorsai i used that program but thanks to my ignorance when it comes to computers still am not to sure if this mobo will take 2.2 any advice? Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-8SG800 1.x
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F4 01/13/2003

loser7 18:41 30 Mar 05

been to gigabyte site with specs.. they are ok to swap thankyou both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…