swapping cable modem to laptop

jstaunton 00:32 26 Nov 03

right decided to use laptop with my cable modem that i use with desktop.
desktop has win me. laptop has xp. i have registered the mac adrs with broadband. but when i go to put the driver on xp for the cable modem, it wont accept it and says it does not have a certificate or something to run with xp. blueyonder are not being very helpful, as yet.

Giggle n' Bits 00:40 26 Nov 03

XP often says this when installing new drivers for Harware. Its usually says it becuase the Drivers have not been MS XP certified or tested but it isn't a problem.

Just make sure that the hardware driver is the one for xp, but if this is not possible create a restore point then try the Me driver or Win2K.

smegs 00:42 26 Nov 03

Is it the same certificate warning that U get when installing hardware? If it is, click "continue anyway". I have Freeserve BB. When I installed the software for that, I got that message twice. It works ok.

jstaunton 01:17 26 Nov 03

just found out i dont need driver as its an ethernet connection and not usb.
we will see, in 24 hours when my mac adr is operational/
cheers

¤LØLLͤ 04:48 26 Nov 03

i just got hold of serif page plus. photoplus, drawplus,and 3d plus all on serif. is it anygood or should i use somethiung else?
as im not sure on all these different packages please help. is serif good to use for all?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…