swap hardrive to new case

wellwell 16:38 09 Aug 07

Hi guys
my nephew has fired water into my dell 5150c blowing the psu and mother board it is now out of warranty with dell but luckily the hardrive is still working ok as i have tried it in friends 5150 and window media edition comes up a-ok .
i have now installed the hardrive in an asus pundit bare bones media case as part of a home av setup ,hoping to rebuild the dell at a later date.
it will not start windows media edition but will go into the dell bios can anyone point me in the right direction .
H

rawprawn 16:57 09 Aug 07

Is the HD recognized in BIOS ?

wellwell 09:28 12 Aug 07

Hi
yes it is .
H

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:45 12 Aug 07

Windows drivers will be set for the old motherboard not the new one.

Can you get into safe mode (F5 0R F8)during boot up?

bobbych 11:18 12 Aug 07

in my experience transfering a hard drive to a new system with a different motherboard normaly wont work. as previously stated by fruit bat, ncorrect drivers and other setup info will prevent the OS from booting. Im afraid a clean instal will be requiered. I suggest you use your mates 5150 to back up your files. Hoipe this helps

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:34 12 Aug 07

Put it in the 5051 and
follow the steps to disable drivers BEFORE changing motherboard
click here

refit in you new machine and run your motherboard driversCD.

wellwell 19:59 12 Aug 07

Thanks Guys
will give it a try and let you know how i got on .
cheers
H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…