SVGA Driver

pppc 07:38 29 Aug 03

My daughter, who knows less about computers than I do, has recently been given an old monitor which is marked as being SVGA. It's a couple of hundred miles away so I have no information about it at all - I think it is probably 13 inch.
Is there such a thing as a generic SVGA driver; if so, can I download it and take it on a floppy or CD (she has no Net connection) and instal it without too much risk of wrecking her machine (it's important to her as she uses it as a word processor for work).

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:06 29 Aug 03

If she has her windows cd it should load a generic driver off that to get it working and it should find the moniter as soon as pc is booted.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:08 29 Aug 03

Did find this u dont know what make the monitor is so couldnt be specific but as its generic it should work ok click here

pppc 19:22 29 Aug 03

A Nickname She was given the computer too! No discs - os or s'ware - which is why I am nervy of fiddling with it. The driver you pointed me at is for W98 so I think i'll give it a miss.

Many thanks for responding

PeterC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…