svchost.exe win7 shutdown force close

computerdiv 19:31 26 Feb 12

Hi all, I cant get pc to shutdown automatically. I press start icon and then shutdown. Instead of shutting down I get another screen telling me that svchost.exe is running.I have to force close this app every time. Has anyone got a cure for this?

birdface 20:13 26 Feb 12

It could be Windows updates installing.Go into services and double click Windows Updates and set it to manual then top left stop it from running.Reboot a few times to see if it makes any difference if not revert back to normal settings.

I always have Windows update set to manual it speeds the start up a bit as well and updates are usually the 2nd Tuesday of each month so I just update them myself and stop anything that i don't want.

Worth a try just to see if that is your problem.

computerdiv 09:47 27 Feb 12

That didn't work but thanks for the advice, any other ideas. Could it be a virus?

computerdiv 10:31 27 Feb 12

ok fixed with malwarebytes as it came up as trojan. scanned and fixed.yeah!

birdface 10:54 27 Feb 12

Go into taskmanager click on the scvhost.exe that is giving you the problem and then click on go to services.It will then show what that particular svchost.exe does.Or just right click it and go to open file location and then scan it with your security programs.

There were a few Windows updates about 2 weeks ago.Has this problem just started since then.Mind you it would tell you not to shut down the computer as it was installing updates.

By all means give Malwarebytes a run to see if it finds any problems.

Just in case it is updates being installed can you shut it off normaly using the icons and leave it for about 30 minutes juswt to see if it shuts down itself as there were a few updates that took about 20 minutes to download.Net Framework downloads I think.

birdface 10:55 27 Feb 12

Sorry should have updated first.Glad you have it fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…