Svchost.exe Trouble.

fitzy- 2nd 09:00 29 May 05

Hi.

My computer has the following. svchost.exe, i'm not sure if it is a virus or spyware. or i know is, it's something to do with Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.

How can i get rid of svchost.exe, i cannot even go online due to this.

Thanks to all that replies

Taff36 09:07 29 May 05

This article may help. click here How many files have you got? Have you scanned your computer for viruses? It may help if you tell us which operating system you are using and the computer details.

Taff36 09:19 29 May 05

click here for a bit more background reading. Which Anti Virus are you running and have you got AdAware & Spybot Search and Destroy?

fitzy- 2nd 10:24 29 May 05

Hi.

I have Windows XP 5.1

It dont support the The taskList.txt, and i cannot download taskList.txt, because i cannot go online using this pc.

Thanks anyway.

Taff36 15:35 29 May 05

Go online on another computer and download the file from the link marked "here" just below the instructions to run the file on my first thread. It will fit on a floppy disk.

What about adaware & Spybot. Have you got copies? If not I suggest you download those as well and burn them to a CD Rom.

fitzy- 2nd 11:14 30 May 05

Hi.

I did what you said and still no good, i do have
adaware & Spybot, everything is clean, i even run
a virus scan, it found 5 viruses, but could not clear them, so i had to delete the files.

I have even tried to do the system restore, but it
comes up restration incomplete.

Is there anything else i could try.

Taff36 11:27 30 May 05

Run the virus scan plus adaware & Spybot in safe mode.

Joe R 11:28 30 May 05

fitzy- 2nd,

Run this and see if it clears your system. click here

Joe R 11:28 30 May 05

P.S., turn off system restore before running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…