svchost.exe error + generic host process = freeze

grajackgor 21:39 03 Mar 07

This has happened before

cant use my computer because it freezes on booting with these 2 errors.

svchost.exe - application error and generic host procedd for win32 service has encountered a problem and needs to close

I am now on an old computer

Have windows XP Home Service pac 2

megat193 22:35 03 Mar 07

Have a look here to see if you can find a solution click here

grajackgor 14:46 04 Mar 07

To complicated for me

Anybody Help me out. This happened many months ago after an Windows automatic update. I reported it and I got a hot fix which sorted it out.
Cant seem to report the error this time

charlie12 07:53 09 May 07

have had similar problem recently went thro normal processess then yesterddaydownloaded a free google package with norton and spyware doc on it, run a scan{took 11/2 hours mind)it found a bug other firwalls hadnt.came from a chinese web site accidentally visited fixed the bug.everything back to normal.hope this may work for you.

Babou 19:03 09 May 07

Same thing - svchost errors & freezes after automatic update. I did the report error thing and followed the link provided, but it didn't seem to relate to my flavour of XP (Media Centre SP2). Like grajackgor it's the second time it's happened, and last time a hotfix did the business.

Will try a virus/spyware scan...

charlie12 19:19 16 May 07

goes away for short time then comes back.any one know of articles about this.

provider 2 21:25 16 May 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…