svchost.exe - Application error

Cola Bear 16:59 17 Jul 05

I keep getting the above error message appearing on my laptop with the following: The instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". - I then have two choices, one of which is the cancel button which says it debugs the program - the other I think was to terminate the program. This keeps popping up - can anybody tell me why and what I need to do about it?
I am running windows xp and have a wireless network at home using wanadoo livebox, connected to the livebox via an ethernet cable is an all in one printer, copier etc which I can use from my laptop wirelessly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VoG II 17:38 17 Jul 05

Do you have an HP printer by any chance?

Here are some ideas click here

Cola Bear 19:02 17 Jul 05

Yes - it is a HP all in one machine! Many thanks for the suggestions, I will work my way through these now.

Not sure if it is connected at all but also get the following message when turning on computer - "To help protect your computer, windows has closed this program - name: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"

VoG II 19:52 17 Jul 05

This error appears to be related to HP printer drivers. If you can post the model number of your printer, someone should be able to provide you with a web link to download the latest drivers.

Cola Bear 20:48 17 Jul 05

It's a HP Photosmart 2610

VoG II 20:52 17 Jul 05

click here and follow the instructions.

Danoh 21:25 17 Jul 05

VoG™, you are really good! That is a standard debug message used by a lot of programs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…