svchost.exe

woofwoofbark 16:41 14 May 06

Hi , I have this process that runs at startup , I checked through taskbar manager because my cpu was running at nearly 100% as everything loaded , i checked the net for it and found

Description:
svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System

I see that it is an important component and shouldnt be deleted but why have I got 4 svchost.exe running ? on taskbar manager under username the process is running twice under SYSTEM , once under NETWORK SERVICE and LOCAL SERVICE ....

should there be 4 svchost.exe running at once ? I have noticed >>> click here that the filename could be a virus but I have Norton AV 2006 , adaware/spybot which shows up nothing.

so are these files ok or something to worry about .... btw I have checked them on taskbar manager just now and they aint using the cpu but 3 is taking up around 4,000 k in memory while the other is at around 24,000 k

hope ive explained this ok and someone can help/give advice

many thanks

geo g

Skills 16:51 14 May 06

At present I have five instances of svchost.exe running none are using the CPU but they range from taking up 20Mb of memory but 3Mb. My system is reported clean by avast , ewido and other antispyware apps.

johnnyrocker 16:52 14 May 06

based on my machine xp pro sp2 i would say yours is ok as mine shows six running.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…