SVCHOST.EXE

would there be any reason why i have 6 of these all running as proceses

3 = system
1 = local service
2 = network service

I got this quote from a website "svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated"

But why would i have 6 running at once

ACOLYTE 16:38 26 Jan 05

No idea but i have 6 running.

roy 16:51 26 Jan 05

Oh dear! I find that I have seven running.

swapper 17:02 26 Jan 05

I have asked this question before and was advised that this does not creat a problem. and to leave alone?

JonnyTub 17:04 26 Jan 05

there all fine, do go tinkering :-)

ventanas 17:09 26 Jan 05

click here;en-us;314056

ventanas 17:09 26 Jan 05

Try again click here

Stuartli 13:26 27 Jan 05

svchost.exe is used by a number of processes - you can check which ones at:

click here

french_always_sucked 13:45 27 Jan 05

A certain spy program uses this to log your every move on your computer to send back to its server.

however it is not as simple as to end the svchost task, as if you end the wrong one it gives you a warning message and makes you shutdown with a countdown.

if you find more than 6, lets just say your in s**it now!

roy 17:43 27 Jan 05

Hmmm, I still have seven running; 4 say system, 1 says Local Service and 2 say Network Service.

One of those marked System is active all the time using from 1 to 4% of CPU power. I used Ad aware only yesterday and use Spybot and others and am getting a clean bill of health on the face of it.

johnnyrocker 17:49 27 Jan 05

well i have 5 3 system 1 local service and 1 network service

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…