svchost error

spammi 01:57 05 Jun 07

Recently after reinstalling Office XP, and cleaning up the rest of the junk on my laptop, i came accross a problem with my laptop.

When i ctrl alt del, and go to the task manager, a process called svchost is taking up 99% of the cpu usage. when i go to the performance bar, its says that 100% of my cpu is being used.

I know that normally svchost uses alot of memory but never that much cpu.

i removed the process by pressing delete and it seemed to be fine, but then no other processes were affected by it.

Just wondering if there is a way to fix it.

birdface 08:35 05 Jun 07

Probably Microsoft Automatic up-dates looking for up-dates that are not there,There has been problems with it in the past,Remove automatic up-dates,reboot computer try downloading up-dates manually,Does not matter if no up-dates to download,it should stop Microsoft searching for them,Try that see if it helps.

laurie53 08:51 05 Jun 07

My problem with sychost was caused by Zone Alarm.

If you have it installed you may wish to check it out.

I had to go back to an earlier version of ZA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…